AFM Safecoat Carpet Lockout
AFM Safecoat's Carpet Lock Out (gallon size) is designed to perform two functions: first, to seal in the outgassing of harmful chemicals found in carpet fibers, and second to help repel dirt and stains.
Lock Out sealer is designed to be used in conjunction with Carpet Shampoo (to clean) and Carpet Seal (to seal carpet backing). This three-part system cleans out and helps to seal in the irritating chemicals found throughout a typical carpet.
Use on: Lock Out is generally suitable for synthetic carpets and rugs. Because of variations in materials and production processes used by different manufacturers, you should always spot test to insure compatibility with your carpet. Wool fibers generally do not react well to water based products, so Lock Out is not recommended for wool.
Coverage: One gallon Lock Out covers approximately 300 square feet for medium to tight weave carpet.
Clean up: Clean tools and equipment with water while they are still wet.
Dry/Cure Time: 2-4 hours in moderate heat and humidity. Cool temperatures and/or high humidity may increase drying time.
- Carpet should be vacuumed and cleaned using Carpet Shampoo to remove, as much as possible, the petrochemical residue from the fibers.
- After cleaning, seal carpet with Carpet Seal, then allow the carpet to dry thoroughly before proceeding with application of Lock Out.
- For old carpeting follow the same procedure of vacuuming and cleaning with Carpet Shampoo.
- For carpets exceeding four years in age use of Carpet Seal may be optional.
- Carpet must be completely dry whether or not Carpet Seal is required.
- Using a hand-held pump sprayer (similar to a garden sprayer), spray a fine mist of Lock Out evenly and uniformly over the entire carpet surface. Do not over saturate.
- Allow the carpet to dry to touch before permitting floor traffic.