Soycrete Concrete Stain (Gallon)
A professional grade, semi-transparent penetrating concrete stain made from bio-based soy technology. An acid-free, non-toxic alternative that is ideal for all interior and exterior porous surfaces. It offers unlimited design flexibility left only to your imagination without the hazards of toxic chemical compounds.
- Only pennies per square foot
- Rapidly renewable bio-based technology
- Ultra-low VOC (<25 g/l)
- Virtually odorless
- Will not chip, flake, or peel
- 100% solids pigments are zero VOC
- Does not alter surface friction
- Creates natural color variations
- Resistant to mildew, water, efflorescence, stain, and hot tire pickup
- Easily repairable
- Easy soap and water cleanup
Coverage: 400-600 sq.ft. per gallon.
Use for: Interior and exterior concrete floors, walls, walkways, garage floors, driveways, decks and patios, brick pavers, rammed earth, landscape borders and hardscapes, wall murals, and other concrete/stone applications
NOTE: Add the name of your desired stain color(s) (per gallon) in the note field. Some colors may be special order with additional lead-time.
Keep in mind these stain finish colors are penetrating semi-transparent contrasts and are not intended to create a solid color finish like topical paints, stains or coatings. They will achieve variations and tones unique to each surface similar to acid staining, but with more consistency. Do not apply SoyCrete if you are looking for a traditional solid topical color paint-like finish. The existing substrate color, texture and porosity will affect the final color shade outcome. When choosing a standard or custom color tone you are selecting a palette color range. Expect variation and go with it--have fun with the design and patterns.
To achieve more consistent color tones or enhanced faux finishing techniques, you may consider applying a base stain coat in white or with additional coats. You may always mix other colors to enhance or darken your base color selection. To lighten colors, simply apply water and wipe areas to desired shade. The unique and advanced technology of our stains provides you with the ultimate versatility in adjusting your desired colors.
You may also want to consider the Deco-Poz Decorative Pozzolanic Resurfacing System to create a new white decorative cementitious surface that bonds to virtually any substrate. This eco-friendly resurfacing system will significantly enhance your decorative project.
Finish Sealers: Once you are satisfied with your decorative stain look, you should apply a finish sealer. There are options:
(1) Acri-Soy satin sealer to seal and protect the stain with a lock-in protective sealant that will provide optimum long-term protection.
(2) Eco-Tuff High-Traffic Clear Coat, a high traffic, abrasion resistant, zero VOC acrylic-urethane clear coat. For best performance, first apply the Quick-Primer Eco-Tuff Primer then the Clear Coat topcoat. Creates a glossier sheen, especially when multiple topcoats are applied.