- Store & Virtual Showroom
- Paints & Finishes
- Interior Wood Stains & Finishes
- AFM Safecoat Naturals Clear Penetrating Oil
AFM Safecoat Naturals Clear Penetrating Oil
An organic plant-based, organically produced, premium penetrating finish hardener and sealer for unfinished woods.
Help rejuvenate, weatherproof and enhance the beauty of interior and exterior woods. Like many natural oils, it will naturally enrich and deepen the wood's colors and grain patterns.
Creates a durable, water repellent, water-mark resistant finish and sealer, enhancing and maintaining wood beauty and breathability.
Excellent on new and old unfinished fencing, timberwork, furniture, paneling and trim.
Reduces peeling, blistering, cracking and improves dimensional stability.
Ingredients: 100% organic flax, linseed, hemp and soybean oils, isoaliphate, cobalt-free and lead-free driers. Contains no aromatic hydrocarbons, mildewcides, fungicides or preservatives.
Non-photochemically reactive. No solvents or toxic ingredients such as harmful preservatives, dryers or other irritants that can contribute to poor indoor air quality or negative health consequences.
Dry/Cure Time: Under normal conditions (70° F and 50% humidity) and with good ventilation, wood treated will be dry and ready for use in 24-48 hours. Allow 2-3 weeks for full product cure.
Application: Every species of wood, and every piece of wood within a species, is unique and will react differently to a natural product. For example, soft or porous woods such as pine, alder, birch, fir, cedar and redwood may absorb oil unevenly; some woods may contain tannins and other extractives that will bleed through to the surface and affect appearance. Accordingly, ALWAYS conduct several test patches or test coat to ensure compatibility and acceptability of appearance before application to the entire surface.
- Stir oil thoroughly prior to, and occasionally during, use.
- Although Safecoat Naturals Penetrating Oil contains no formaldehyde or other toxic ingredients and requires no special protective equipment to apply, assure good ventilation throughout use and while product is drying.
- Protect adjacent surfaces not to be coated, including plants.
- Apply one even coat, working with the grain, using a premium quality, wide bristle brush, a roller (followed immediately by back brushing), or an airless sprayer with a 0.11 or larger tip and 700 - 800 psi (lowest pressure to achieve a full wet spray without atomization).
- Allow finish to penetrate for 10-15 minutes, then APPLY A SECOND COAT WHILE FIRST COAT IS STILL WET. Allow the second coat to penetrate for 10-15 minutes, then wipe off any oil that has not penetrated into the wood with a clean, absorbent cloth (see warning about potential spontaneous combustion on the product label).
- Do not allow oil to puddle.
- If desired and wood is still absorptive, another coat may be applied after 24 hours, but note that additional coats will inhibit the ability to absorb stains or hard surface sealers.
- If necessary or desired, may be thinned with Safecoat Naturals Diluent/Reducer. Thinning may improve flow, absorption and drying, but will reduce solids, potentially affecting performance.
- Note: these instructions are intended to be general only and not exhaustive. The applicator should determine what preparation and techniques are best suited to the specific surface. Refer to product label for full instructions.