- Store & Virtual Showroom
- Paints & Finishes
- Preparation & Protection
- Bean-e-Doo Mastic Remover
Bean-e-Doo Mastic Remover
- Effectively removes newer mastics, layered adhesives, even 50+ year old glues
- Removes asbestos/black mastic, vinyl glue, ceramic mastic, traditional carpet adhesive
- Non-caustic, no toxic fumes, biodegradable
- Made from soy, eco-friendly
- Safe and easy to use indoors, in private homes and occupied areas
- Virtually no odor
- One quart: 25-50 square feet
- One gallon: 100-200 square feet
- 2.5 gallon pail: 250-500 square feet
- 5 gallon pail: 500-1000 square feet
Application: Apply Mastic Remover directly on the concrete surface. Spread Mastic Remover around with a straw broom, long handled brush or squeegee using light pressure. If applying to mastic with trowel ridges, cover all trowel ridges with product. Allow Mastic Remover to sit until mastic softens. (Generally asbestos/black mastics will soften in 1-2 hours, and vinyl or acrylic mastics will soften in 4-8 hours.) After mastic has softened, remove with a long handled scraper or squeegee. Reapply if necessary.
DO NOT USE ON WOOD SURFACES.
Clean Up: Clean remaining thin residue with BLUE BEAR "Emerge" Degreaser or water using a scrub brush and/or mop or power washer. Allow surface to dry before further preparations.
Residue Test: After rinsing, apply water to various small areas on the concrete and rub with fingers. If water turns cloudy white, it indicates there is Mastic Remover remaining on the surface. Repeat clean up steps and retest.
Usage Tips From The Pros:
- Use a commercial sprayer or metal watering can to apply Mastic Remover in large areas.
- Protect floor drains and areas where product would naturally flow on uneven surfaces with sand, Oil-Dri, or kitty liter.
- A rotary floor machine used on a low RPM speed helps during the water/degreaser clean up steps. Use only after scraping up softened mastic.
pH Level: 6.5
VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) 2.3%, .06 lb/g, 20 g/l