Soy-Gel is an industrial strength and consumer friendly paint, varnish, and urethane remover made with 100% American grown soybeans. The low evaporation rate of Soy-Gel and its gel formulation make it possible to remove several layers of paint in one application.
- Removes multiple layers of paints, lead paint, urethanes, acrylics, epoxies, concrete hard surface sealers, and enamels (two-part solid count must be lower than 40%)
- It works quickly. Depending on how many layers you need to remove, you can usually start cleaning it off within 30-45 minutes
- Low odor
- Contains no methylene chloride
- During the removal of lead based paint, lead becomes encapsulated in the gel, preventing airborne lead particles, allowing for safe and easy disposal.
- It is not an alkaline based stripper
- Cleans up easily with water.
- Made with soybeans here in the USA
One 5 gallon pail covers up to 1000 square feet
Application: Soy-Gel is safe to use on wood, brick, stone, metal, plaster, concrete, and many other surfaces. Do not use on plastic, PVC, rubber or dry wall. Soy-Gel may be used indoors or outdoors. When used outdoors, protect plant and vegetation with a plastic drop cloth. Soy-Gel may be used on vertical as well as horizontal projects.
Apply a thick, even layer of Soy-Gel, generally between 1/16 and 1/8 inch to the coating to be removed by using pouring, brushing, or airless sprayer (piston pumped with tip of 519 or similar). If applying with brush, do not apply as you would paint. Do not brush or scrape the surface until the stripper has had time to work. Check the progress of the stripping action by using a scraper to see if the coating is softened down to the surface. If not, wait longer and recheck. Soy-Gel will remain wet and working for several hours. Longer is better. Let the stripper do the work. If Soy-Gel is left to sit outdoors, cover with a light plastic drop cloth to prolong the stripper's wet time. Once the coating is softened, remove it with a scraper, industrial wet vacuum, or other stripping tool. Reapply stripper, if necessary. Repeat steps above. After use, clean remaining thin residue with water, using a scrub brush and/or mop or power washer. Ensure to scrape or vacuum excess removed coating and Soy-Gel before using a power washer for final cleaning. Always use care to prevent over spray from getting on surfaces other than the one being prepped. Allow surface to dry before further preparations.
Health Hazards: May cause moderate eye irritation. May cause delayed skin irritation. May be harmful if swallowed in large amounts.